First things first, thank you for my nomination to Mummy’s Crochet World. It is a first award I have ever been given, so it’s very exciting. I feel like I am becoming a proper blogger now!
If you would like to follow me, there’s a few social network option. Just click on the icons on the right and you will receive regular updates from me, and this way you won’t miss any of my posts.
If (like me) you are new to the Liebster Award, here’s how it works:
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers (where possible!)
And finally answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees a set of new 11 questions
I will start with 11 random facts about me:
1. I’ve lived in UK for 10 years now, but I can’t get used to the flavour of tea with milk.
2. If you met me you would never guess where I am from, as my accent is deceptive.
3. I don’t like ice-cream.
4. I used to be a fantasy geek. I still like it, but I am no longer obsesses with magical adventures. (I can’t wait for new Season of Game of Thrones though!)
5. My son gave me back the ability to laugh uncontrollably – just one more reason I love him so much.
6. I am a gardener without a patch. Though I officially own a farm in Poland.
7. Red is my favourite colour.
8. As a tween I found personality tests in magazines confusing. I never knew are you meant to give the true answer or the one you like the most (i.e. how I think I would behave in a certain situation, as opposed to how I would like to behave).
9. I went through my 16 hour labour with only hot water and self-hypnosis for pain management. And now I recommend it to any mum-to-be.
10. I’ve reached the age when I will wear comfy slippers to keep my feet warm, even if they look like something my granny would wear.
11. I have an OU bachelor’s degree – it took 7 years to graduate!
Here are my 11 nominees:
10. Mama vs Teacher
These are my answer to Mummy’s Crochet World:
1. Do you have any kids? If so how many?
I have one child – Little F who is currently 18 months.
2. What is your creative talent?
Writing, hence the blog 🙂 (Do look around and judge for yourself)
3. What is your Favourite Disney film?
Little Mermaid. I’m am not in the know about the latest ones, as we try not to watch TV/DVDs with Little F.
4. Beach or forest?
Depending on the weather, but in general, the forest.
5. Where are you from?
I am from Krakow, Poland.
6. If you had to do one, which would you do? Snowboarding, surfing or Parachuting out of a plane?
I’d like to try parachuting, thought it scares me (I feel the adrenaline rush just thinking about it now!)
7. What is your Favourite food?
Currently I am salivating over lentils. They are my new comfort food, since we stopped eating meat.
8. Why did you get into blogging?
It is a creative outlet, and a place to exercise my brain, but also my CV. I am a freelance writer.
9. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Sleep, do yoga (or finally get into Tai Chi), read a book, and do some writing exercises. Dinner with friends.
10. Eat out, or takeaway?
It depends, some nights I can’t face going out. We try to cook at home mostly. Not eating meat cuts back on your take-away options.
11. How did you choose your blog name?
I initially was thinking of Mum in the Middle, but the domain was taken. I went back to the drawing board thinking that I want the name to convey the struggle to keep things in balance (in the middle) and Mum in Search of Balance was born.
And here’s my 11 questions for my nominees. Have fun answering!
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. How did you come to choose your child(ren)’s name(s)?
5. What is the one thing you love most about being a parent?
6. How many books have you read in the past 12 months, and name on which stood out.
7. When do you blog? Do you have a set routine?
8. Carpet everywhere or bare floorboards?
9. Who in your relationship is the DIY expert?
10. Name the one smell which brings back your childhood.
11. What is your family’s favourite dinner? Is it the same as yours?
Enjoy, share and spread the word! It’s a great way to meet new bloggers and introduce your blog to the blogging community 🙂